*1 [[http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=296-21439-1-ND 296-21439-1-ND]] IC MCU 16BIT 32K FLASH 38-TSSOP $7.35 *1 [[http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=768-1007-1-ND 768-1007-1-ND]] IC USB TO SERIAL UART 28-SSOP $4.50
- 2 x 0.1uF 0603 capacitors
- 1 x 330 Ohm 0603 resistor
- 1 x 300 Ohm 0603 resistor
- 3 x RED LED 0603
Rest of the parts, except the header, are shared with the GoodFET31L
Should take about 30 minutes to assemble.
If you're using this LED, and using the arrows on the board, I believe the “large U” should be on the same side as the arrow head. The cathode (negative) is the T shaped pad.
FT232, resistors, LED's and capacitors added
- Add FT232, tag corners or hot plate, check orientation.
- Add 0.1uF capacitors, can go around either way.
- Add 300 and 330Ohm resistors, can go around either way.
- Add 3 LEDs, check orientation.
Plug into a USB hub, Two LED's closest to the USB port should flash momentarily. If this works, plug it into a PC and the LED's should flash a couple of times more, and the PC should install drivers.
If it doesn't flash, check orientation of the LEDs, if the USB doesn't install, check the chip for shorts or badly soldered pins.