From Null Space Labs
Local places to pick up electronic components, (roughly) sorted by distance from NSL:
- ITC- Los Angeles
- Frys - Burbank
- DuVac - Pasadena
- C&H Surplus - Duarte
- All Electronics - Van Nuys
- Norton Sales - N. Hollywood
- Electronic City - North Hollywood / Burbank
- Industrial Metal Supply - Sun Valley / Irvine
- APEX - Sun Valley
- TRW Swap Meet - El Segundo - Last Saturday of the month.
- Harbor Freight Tools - Simi Valley, Pasadena
- Frys - Manhattan Beach
- Frys - City of Industry
- Ford Electronics - Buena Park - Have both new and surplus stuff. Good resource for hard to find stuff.
- Orvac - Fullerton - Large selection of network/cabling supplies in addition to electronic components.
- Multi-vendor parts search
- Mouser - Mouser Group Buy
- Texas Instruments (free samples of many products)
- Security Snobs - For all your high security lock needs.
- Adafruit Industries - NSL gets a group discount. Adafruit Group Buy
- SparkFun Electronics - SparkFun Group Buy
- NKC Electronics
- Electronics Goldmine - Good deals on obscure and surplus stuff.
- Future Electronics - Loads of chips and component "value packs." Slow, but rock-bottom prices.
- Nightfire Electronics - Nice selection of SMT parts kits at reasonable prices.
- Modern Device
- DigiKey - DigiKey offers free shipping when a Check acompanies your order DigiKey Group Buy
- epboard - surface mount prototype adapters and more
- Unicorn Electronics - Electronic grab bags and cheap bits
- Leading Leds US distributor of LEDs from Chinese Ledz.com - Fast service when I tried them
Alternative or OEM places to buy things that sparkfun add a huge tax too then ship really slowly
Tactile switches, smd momentary NSL Cylon II, 5 way joystick
- Hengtai Electronics - ( note the g )
- http://xenon-tech.com Haven't used
- http://www.ezpcb.com/ Good, cheap
- http://www.4pcb.com Great
- http://www.batchpcb.com eh, zero customer service, mistakes are common
- http://www.pcbcart.com OK
- http://www.silvercircuits.com/ Haven't used, but been really responsive and helpful
- http://www.olimex.com Olimex are a great company
- http://http://www.pcbonline.org/index.php BatchPCB gets their boards from here
- http://www.7pcb.ca/ low cost pcb assembly
- http://www.aapcb.com/ Expensive
- http://www.futurlec.com/index.shtml Ask arclight
- http://dorkbotpdx.org/wiki/pcb_order PCB batch orders. No minimum, setup or postage fees.
- http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php Another PCB batcher. About 10 bucks for 10 5cm x 5cm boards. 3 week turnaround.